12.11.2008

Gecko on the Loose

This evening was a typical winter evening.... Light snow flurries, slow rush hour traffic, sledding with kids, hot cocoa and hot chocolate chip cookies, straight from the oven. Besides a crack or two from sledding down the hills and singe from hot cocoa and cookies, pain wasn't part of the evening. I fed Amali (for those of you who don't know, she is my beloved leopard gecko as I'm allergic to furry animals) and took her out of the cage to have some human interaction. She was passed around as usual from person to person crawling about. Time passed and noone had brought her back to me (which happens after about 20min or so) and so I inquired about the location of my beloved pet. Well, that was unknown and the last sight of her was her tail disappearing under the couch. We searched the room and the vents... Still no gecko. Believe it or not, I'm actually kind of hurt. Odd for this cold hearted woman, who typically has no emotion or regard for unhuman life. So, I'm still on the look out for a crawling Amali and hopefully she'll come home, dragging her tail behind her... looking for mealworms. If she doesn't, this mommy doesn't know what she'll do. :(

No comments: